West of England
Specialist block management in the World Heritage City of Bath and surrounding areas
Registered members of the Association of Residential Managing Agents
West of England Estate Management has been established for over 40 years, specializing in the management of blocks of flats of all sizes, both purpose-built and conversions. The majority are located in Bath, though we also have instructions for blocks in Bristol, Swindon and other West Country locations.
Our clients include those where the independent freeholder is Landlord, and those where the lessees collectively own their own freehold, usually through membership of a registered, limited management company.
We aim to tailor our management to the particular requirements of each property or client, and to provide an efficient and courteous service at all times.
We are able to draw on many years’ experience of dealing with the maintenance and repair of buildings, and we are familiar with the maintenance requirements of both new, purpose-built properties, and older conversions which in some cases may have Listed status.
We undertake to arrange all the administrative work needed to run the property, and provide secretarial services to any limited company which may be involved. We welcome regular contact with clients, and will typically arrange two meetings in each year, one to deal with budgeting and maintenance programmes, the other as an Annual General Meeting.
We are pleased to be full members of the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA). Our Director, Martin Perry, is a former Chairman of ARMA. We also recognise the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors Residential Management Code. The provisions of the Landlord and Tenant Acts 1985 and 1987, the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 are fully complied with.
We maintain a current Health and Safety policy, and are fully conversant with the increasingly onerous compliance obligations on freehold landlords with respect to the common parts, plant and equipment of managed blocks.
The firm is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, enabling us to deal with the placement of buildings insurance, and claims handling, on behalf of our clients, and we are members of the Property Ombudsman scheme.
We hold full professional indemnity insurance with a claim limit of £2 million.
Schedule an appointment today
- Collection of ground rent, where applicable
- Collection of service charges
- Maintenance of accounting and lessee contribution records, available to independent auditors as required
- Maintenance of dedicated client bank account to hold funds
- Preparation of annual expenditure budget
- Preparation and annual review of forward maintenance programme
- Arrangement of buildings insurance cover
- Organization of minor or reactive maintenance and repair of structure and common parts
- Organization of contract cleaning and gardening
- Settling contractors’ invoices
- Dealing with disputes and complaints from or between lessees (we reserve the right to make supplementary fee charges in the event of disputes becoming protracted or involved, by agreement with the client)
- Company Secretary services where appropriate (maintaining records and registers, calling and minuting meetings, completing and submitting Annual returns etc.)
- Oversight of risk management and health and safety generally at the client property, and compliance with fire, electrical and asbestos safety requirements in the common parts
- Certification of annual accounts
- Specification, tendering, running and supervision of larger maintenance and repair contracts (typically where S 20 of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 applies – competitive tendering, notices, supervision etc.)
- Processing buildings insurance policy claims
- Dealing with any matters arising out of defects within Leases, and/or Deeds of Variation to Leases
- Formation of Limited Companies, amendment of Articles of Association, change of company name
- Administrative costs incurred in connection with disputed matters which become protracted or involved – by agreement with the client company
- Supplementary meetings
- Storage of additional archive material
- Professional fees of surveyors, engineers, architects, accountants etc instructed by agreement of the client company, (these costs being treated as expenditure items against the service charge fund)
- Responding to enquiries from solicitors at the time of sale or re-mortgage of flats
- Receiving and processing notices of assignment/mortgage/charge
- Processing and grant of Landlord’s Authorisations (for alterations etc.)
- Undertaking proceedings for the recovery of unpaid service charges or ground rent
Mon – Fri: 9.00am – 5.00pm
West of England Estate Management Company Ltd.
01225 485 910